Thursday, October 24, 2013

Surviving a blackout


When the lights went out in NYC for a few hours there were inconveniences for people and losses for business. However, it was only for a few hours and people chalked it up to a once in a lifetime experience.

While many hope that's the case, the aging power grid and books like 'One Second After' point to the potential for a more protracted "lights out" scenario. 

American Blackout is a special that National Geographic will be airing on Oct 27th that explores what a protracted blackout scenario would look like. While I don't know if I'll tune in, I did checkout the interactive website. It breaks down what a 10-day blackout scenario would look like for an individual and I think the format is something that would be interesting to see applied to the broader world of preparedness. It's engaging, interactive, and kept me clicking. 

If you want to kill some time, check it out. 

Do you know of something similar? Leave a comment below, I would like to see what else is out there. 

http://www.survivetheblackout.com/




1 comment :

  1. It is high time for the people of to be aware of this. People should be about surviving in any disaster. For that they need perfect knowledge and for that I suggest them to check this survival blog. They are also providing effective survival aids.

    ReplyDelete